Thursday, February 24, 2011

In The Beginning...


Hello and Welcome to the brand new 3RD SET DOUBLE ENCORE by Andy Cox Photography! This aims to be a repository and chronicle of my continuing adventures as a live concert photographer.  Music (especially in the live setting) has been in my soul since childhood, from my lofty beginnings seeing The Grateful Dead w/ Bob Dylan in 1987 at the ripe age of 4 (Thanks Mom and Dad!).  Since those early days, I've seen countless live performances: Phish a bunch, The Allman Brothers Band a bunch, moe., Umphrey's, etc.... all the usual suspects in the rapidly advancing jamband scene.  In more recent years, photography became a hobby-gone-wild and Dad began to mentor me and my photo skills at shows and festivals around NC and VA.  Now I've branched into photography on a more complete and focused level and it has become a major force in my life, but I'll never give up my first passion in the music scene and I'll never forget how and why photography was introduced to me.  So with this page, I seek not only to document and capture amazing performances by amazing artists on amazing evenings; I also look to share the energy and passion that both photography and music can bring.  ENJOY!
!

No comments:

Post a Comment